CV of Victoriano Giralt, M.D.
The Panoratux logo is a tribute to my involvement with Open Source (since the late nineteen eighties) and Linux (since the early nineteen nineties) and, of course, my medical background.
- Born in Málaga, Spain, on September 21st, 1961.
- Married since November 7th, 1987 and father of two (1990 and 1991).
- Living in Málaga.
Hobbies and ''distractions''
- Learning and teaching.
- Listening to music, mostly ancient, but not limited to.
- Cycle commuting (doing that for over 25 years).
- Fixing things, plumbing and wires.
- Phones and PBXs.
- Driving, but I have not owned a car since April 2006.
- Helping people (I'm serious).
- ICT Director /CIO for the University of Málaga since 2016.
Chair of the Stichting Groningen Declaration Network Board.
- Member of the SIR (Spanish NREN Identity Federation) Advisory Committee.
Member of the European Committee for Academic Middleware (ECAM).
Chairman of the Andalusian Universities Confia identity federation technical committee.
Member of the EC SSEDIC thematic network for electronic identity.
- Member of ISOC Spanish chapter governing board.
- Church volunteer.
- Working on my PhD: "A Secure and Distributed Infrastructure for Health Record Access"
- Qualified English teacher and translator.
- Basic Italian, French and German.
- Can program in several computer languages, including, but not limited to:
- C and C++
- Experienced (30+ years) systems administrator for Unix/Linux and VMS.
- Deep (ISO layers 1 to 7) networking knowledge, specially TCP/IP.
- Good presentation and teaching skills.
- ITIL Foundation Level Qualification
- 1986 Graduated as M.D. from University of Málaga
- 1987-1990 Application programmer at the University of Málaga
- 1990-1995 Systems manager at International Sports University (UNISPORT)
- 1992 Technical coordinator of SPORTANDALUS project.
- 1992 Information systems manager for the Scientic Olympic Congress.
- 1995-2001 Systems programmer at University of Málaga
- 1995 Director of project "Acceso Fácil'95"
- 1996 Evaluator for the Telematics Applications Programme of the EC
- 1998 Technical director of project "Échanos un Cable"
- 2005 Present at the first TERENA EuroCAMP in Torino
- 2006 Mention in the European Best Practices in Data Protection for Public Administrations
- 2007 Member of the auEduPerson WG
- 2007 Identity Management workshop in Moldova
- 2008 Present at eResearch Australasia
- 2009 Coordinate local organization of TERENA TNC
- 2010 Keynote at ARNES SIRIKT Conference
- 2011 RFC 6338
"dUMA: comprehensive personal information management", The European eIdentity Management Conference, Tallin, June 2011
- "Identidad y privacidad", scheduled class session in the Málaga School of Information Sciences, October 2011
"I have an Idp, now what?", ARNES annual conference keynote (SIRIKT), Kranjka Gora, April 2010
"CONFIA: Federated Identity Infrastructure for Andalusian Universities", eResearch Australasia, Melburne, September 2008
"SimpleSAMLphp:making things simple", workshop inside eResearch Australasia, Melburne, October 2008
- "Formas de acceso y costes de las bases de datos en línea", DS-SI EC experts committee meeting, Madrid, June 1992
Co-author of RFC 6338
- "Example of Privacy Management in a Public Sector Organizational Electronic Directory"
- "Federated Identity Infrastructure for the Andalusian Universities. Deployment of a Multi-technology Federation"
- "Identity Based Clusters of Applications for Collaboration and eLearning"
- "Herramientas informáticas y redes de comunicaciones y el deporte" (book chapter)
As I started to build this site for keeping my CV, I discovered that most of my history was scattered in files on my computers, so it is not at all finished, even the historical part. (1)